Friday, February 23, 2007

Create a Work of Art















Materials:
8.5 x 11 sheet of blank paper
Crayola markers & Colored Pencils
#2 Bic Mechanical Pencil

This drawing reflects the up and down side of me. The colorful background made me feel more cheerful since I was incredibly sick. Okay, heres how the mini pictures came about: The "half of a face" picture came by accident. I was trying to draw a self portrait of a picture that I had in my bag and after it was finished, I didn't like it. So, I proceeded to erase it and saw that half of it actually looked good, so I kept it. And, it actually ended up reflecting how I felt. Having pneumonia for a week, pushing the start of 2, makes a person feel drained and only half "in-tune" with the world. So, I'm really glad that it actually came out that way. The "super star" was supposed to be more than it actually is. I meant to draw a shower head with water falling over everything so that it would be "I'm a super star in the shower", because I sing in there and its a ruckus. The little guy in the middle is one of my favorite cartoon characters. (One of the only ones I can actually draw) His name is Gir and he's on the cartoon Invader Zim on Cartoon Network. I was watching this cartoon while I was laying in bed, so I thought he'd be cute to put in the picture. Then of course, there's my name. The Wong-Baker Faces pain rating chart (the one you see in your doctors office) made me think of the next little picture. I was looking at it and was trying to figure out which numbers would be depressed and could decide between 7-8 and 9-10 so, I drew this little guy on a sticky note and put it on the chart in the middle of the numbers. The nurses thought it was cute. I was feeling a little depressed because there for a day or two, I wasn't getting any better. The number 13 with the bomb is my favorite of Adam's 8 tattoos. It's on the inside of his right leg. I couldn't make it exact, but I gave it a go. I don't think it turned out half bad. The background is just a series of lines in a type of criss-crossing pattern then I colored them. This picture isn't anything spectacular, but I done the best with what I had and what little bit of artistic ability. I hope that someone finds it enjoyable.

Thanks,
- Angela

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Angela.

This is excellent work on this assignment.

Amy.